Sunday 14 August 2011

Journal Day [2]

Danielle put up another prompt for journal day about 3 weeks ago. I was really excited to get writing but for some reason I was stumped. There were several topics I felt I could write about but none of them felt right. It bugged me, it bugged me a lot. I thought about it for days and then put it to the back of my mind. Then today it came to me.

The older we get, the more certain we get about who we are and what our purpose is. For me, a lot of it is still unknown, but as I make my way down my own path, I have begun to realize that there are indeed some inevitable truths that I know for sure. On your own blog, write a post that talks about "the one thing you know for sure.

Over the years I have battled depression, sexual abuse [on more than one occassion] bullying from so called friends and pretty much conquered my weight issues. All of this helped me to realise one thing.

I will always find the strength to carry on.

I know for sure that whatever life throws at me I can handle it. Okay, I may get knocked back a little and it may take a while for my inner strength to power on through but I will always take back control. I find this very empowering and this realisation couldn't have come at a better time.

I am about to embark on a new journey and have been worrying that I won't succeed. I know there will be times when I will feel like I have hit a brick wall and will entertain the idea of giving up. However at these times I will return to this post and remind myself that I am actually a strong woman. I am capable of achieving almost anything I set my mind to.
I say 'almost' for the simple reason that I am never going to have an amazing singing voice, I am never going to have super long legs and I most certainly am never going to be able to run a record lap during the Olympics no matter how hard I try!

Thank you Danielle. Without your Journal Day blogs I wouldn't have come to this realisation so soon, if at all. I am aware that somewhere deep down I must have known that I had such strength but I never acknowleged it. To be able to do so is such a blessing. I'm sure life has a bunch of scary things to throw my way and I have one thing to say about that GO AHEAD



No comments:

Post a Comment