Wednesday 27 July 2011

I heart Snape


July 16th 2011 was the day Harry Potter came to an end. We had hoped to make it to a midnight showing on the 15th but work commitments wouldn't allow it *sad face*. So we had to make do with seeing it a day later, not a big deal really I know!

I didn't actually take any interest in Harry Potter until 2008. Talk about late to the party! A colleague at work would watch The Philosphers Stone at least once a week during her lunch break. I would catch bits of it but never really gave little Harry a chance. Then one day I decided to give in and see what all the fuss was about. A friend had the the first 5 films and kindly let me borrow them. I was hooked! A month or so later I ordered the books online and read them all whilst eagerly awaiting the release of The Half Blood Prince.

I, along with thousands of others [I'm guessing] made a point to watch the films each night leading upto the final release, but watching the films just wasn't enough! I decided to get my craft on and make a bunch of Harry Potter treats for myself and my lovely friends. This was the end and we were going to celebrate/commiserate in Hogwarts style!


Badges


Hogwarts Cupcakes


Bertie Botts every flavour beans


We had Butterbeer!


I had so much fun making all the above and shall be keeping many of the items as keepsakes in one of my memory boxes.



The final part of Deathly Hallows was truely wonderful. I shed many tears throughout [especially when Snape died] and grinned like a cheshire cat when Neville confronted Voldemort. The books were incredible and the films really captured the magic, with the help of many talented British actors.

I shall enjoy reading the books and watching the films over & over for many years to come. Thanks JK Rowling, I shall be wishing I could go to Hogwarts for the rest of my life.

Time to go watch 50 Greatest Harry Potter Moments, splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment