Monday 13 June 2011

Goal update.

So, I'm off to a good start!

Goal - To lose 25lbs - ACHEIVED

Between October '10 and January this year I managed to put on 25lbs. This took me to 10st 1lb which for me at 5ft is towards the high end of being overweight. Not good.

My weight is something I have struggled with since I was about 13. However, I finally reached a healthy weight of 8st in 2009 and managed to stay close to that till January this year, only ever going up to 8st 4lb. I knew I was putting on weight but shrugged it off. Jon was having a tough time in a new job and was becoming depressed, I was feeling a little lost work wise and nights were drawing in. This lead to us becoming super lazy. We ate out a lot and lazed around watching films and playing on the wii/xbox. This is fine of course but not for nearly every weekend over 3 months.
I usually weigh myself weekly but I refused to weigh myself during this period so it was quite a shock when I finally stepped on the scales at the end of Jan. I knew I had to get my ass into gear and shift those extra pounds.
With an overhaul of my diet and adding at least 1hr of exercise to my daily routine I managed to reach my goal by Easter. YAY!

Goal - Change hair colour - ACHEIVED

When I was 14 I dyed my hair red along with my sister and a friend for charity. Theirs washed out within a week but I had red hair for over a month, it was not a flattering shade of red for me and I got teased a lot. After that I made a point of declaring I would never dye again, EVER!
Well that lasted 3 years.
I came home one day and decided I wanted to dye my hair black, I chose not to tell anyone but my mother as I knew what their reactions would be, none positive. Turns out black suited me and everyone else thought so too. After about 3 years of dying my hair black I decided I wanted a change and fancied having bright colours instead. Well as everyone knows black is super hard to shift. Thus leading to my hair staying black for another 5 years! This year however I figured I'd just go for it and try to strip the black, I found a green that I loved and a blue, purple, pink, lilac and a whole bunch of other colours I wanted to try out. So with the help of a friend who dyes her hair bright colours all the time and who I trust completely, I managed to go from...



To



To





I'm glad I went for it, I was so worried that my hair would be ruined but it is still super soft.

Hoping to be able to update another goal by July, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment